Day 01. Fortaleza. Arrival in Fortaleza. Reception and transfer to the chosen hotel. Free time. Enjoy powdery sand beaches, seafood and exciting night life. Two words define this city: sun and party. Sun is absolute on 25 kilometers of beaches. Party is the permanent state of spirit of the people and the city. Forró, typical musical style on the region of northeast, is in the people's blood, on the beaches, in the bars, in the restaurants, in the hotels, in the dance clubs... on the streets of Fortaleza. Night in Fortaleza.
Day 02. Fortaleza - Cumbuco - Paracuru - Lagoinha - Jericoacoara. Say goodbye to civilization! Morning transfer to Jericoacoara through the beaches of Ceara State. Your day will be one of pure fun and adventure as we make selected stops along the way. The Cumbuco is the first one where you will see the first sights of the dunes. Then you will visit and relax on the two very beautiful beaches of Paracuru and Lagoinha. Arrival in Jeri in the end of the afternoon and accommodation in the chosen hotel. Free evening to enjoy the village. (Breakfast)
Day 03. Jericoacoara - Blue Lagoon & Paradise Lagoon. Free morning. Go to Pedra Furada - a big gate of stone sculpted by the waves and the wind. Between July 15th and August 15th the sun sets exactly in the middle of the hole, creating a wonderful spectacle. On the way back you can climb Morro do Serrote to enjoy a 360° view of Jericoacoara. Then, you will have a guide's visit the astonishing Blue Lagoon and Paradise Lagoon. Created by the rainwater, these pools reflect the eternal sunlight of region what is giving them a deep blue color. Perfect place for bathing and relaxing. There you have lunch (not included). Return to Jeri where you have the opportunity to see one of the most beautiful nature performances in Brazil: the sunset over the big Sunset Dune, one of the highest in the region and certainly the most beautiful. Only here it is possible to see both sunrise and sunset in the sea. Everyday, at sunset, people returning from the tours climb the dune to watch the sun going down on the sea, considered the most beautiful sunset in Brazil. At the end of this performance, you can try the "ski-bund" (literally "ass-skiing") running down the dune, seated onto particularly shaped tables. Also you can see traditional fighters practicing Capoeira - African - Brazilian dance at the base of the dune. Free evening. The charming Jericoacoara Village keeps a relaxing atmosphere with good infrastructure and nightlife. (Breakfast)
Day 04. Jericoacoara - Camocim - Parnaiba. After breakfast transfer to Parnaiba, visiting Tatajuba beach and Green lagoon on the way- opportunity to bath in the most beautiful lagoons in the region. Then, we drive to the city of Camocim, a nice ocean town. Arrival in Parnaiba and accommodation. (Breakfast)
Day 05. Parnaiba- Cabure - Barreirinhas. After breakfast transfer to Tutoia, 120 km on asphalt road. From Tutoia 65 km on dirt road, trails and beaches to Rio Novo and Cabure located on the margin of the Preguicas river. The whole trip from Parnaiba to Cabure takes about 4 hours. Arrival to Cabure, a picturesque fishermen village, whose simple cottages are covered with carnauba (a palm) straw. A stop is made for lunch (not included) and time at leisure. The Preguicas is a voluminous river with clear waters, which originates in the interior of Maranhao. It surrounds the desert until it encounters the Atlantic Ocean and is bordered by bushy woods and impudent dunes. Board smaller boats. Cross the Preguicas River and arrive to Mandacaru, a village of about one hundred houses, which originated at the Mandacaru lighthouse. From the lighthouse top one can have a complete view of the dunes, river, the ocean and the vegetation of the region. If possible we will climb it. We continue to travel on the beautiful river until we reach Pequenos Lencois, an area under environmental protection. We stop and walk on the dunes, have a swim in the lagoons (the lagoons have water normally from April to October).Then in some 45 minutes of a boat ride we will arrive to Barrerinhas - the gateway to the fascinating National Park of Lencois Maranhenses. Accommodation in Barreirinhas. Free evening. (Breakfast)
Day 06. Barreirinhas - Lencois Maranhenses National Park. After breakfast leave Barreirinhas in a 4x4 wheel drive vehicle on sand covered roads and trails to "Grandes Lencois", big sand dunes! The park is the largest in the Northeast and considered as the only desert in the country. In the rainy season (from Dec-July) the landscape undergoes a dramatic transformation: Lencois becomes a huge oasis with innumerable pools of crystalline waters. Lencois forms a matchless desert, formed by dunes of very white sands tens of meters high, replete with lagoons of sweet and crystalline water, pure rivers and beaches as deserted as wild, extending from the municipality of Barreirinhas until Primeira Cruz, on the banks of Rio Preguica. It would be a big desert if in this region it had not rained 300 times more frequently than in the Sahara. The water dropping from the sky turns the earth into a large natural oasis.
After a 10 minutes hike we get to the famous Blue and Bonita Lagoons at the bottom of a huge dune. Their crystalline waters invite you to a relaxing bath. Getting on the park trails we stop by a 30m high Dune challenging the visitors for a nice climb. At the top of this Dune there is a unique panoramic view of the smaller dunes and lagoons. Time for relax and swim. The walking tour continues to other dunes and areas with the feeling of being in a desert! Return to the vehicle. Lunch box included. Return to Barrerinhas. Accommodation in Barreirinhas. Free evening. (Breakfast & lunch box)
Day 07. Barreirinhas - Santo Amaro (Lencois Maranhenses). In the morning we transfer to Santo Amaro considered the most beautiful spot in the region. The tiny town of Santo Amaro sleeps at the edge of the giant sand barrier to the sea. On the way we may stop to buy some delicious tropical fruits sold in villages nearby. Half of the way is accessible with only 4WD vehicles. After accommodation at a charming lodge in this tiny village, we leave for an off road tour through the dunes and lagoons of the place. The moving white dunes of Santo Amaro are the highlights of Lencois Maranhenses. The strong wind cools the body and disguises the intensity of the sun. Even though the sand clings to sunscreen, your soul feels as pristine as the white dunes where footprints disappear within minutes. Eventually, we descend a tall slope and submerge into a pure rainwater lagoon. It is a joy of total freedom. In the afternoon we return to the town to witness the wonderful sunset at the Gaivota Lagoon (Seagull Lagoon), one of the park's largest and most beautiful lagoons, located about 60 miles away from Barreirinhas. Near the Gaviota Lake area, ivory mountains of sand appear out of nowhere. At night, a stroll through the dunes shall unveil an unforgettable experience… Accommodation in Santo Amaro. At the Santo Amaro lagoon we find the famous shrimp, which may weight up to 1 kg each! Free evening. (Breakfast)
Day 08. Santo Amaro - Espigo - Betuna - Sao Luis. After breakfast we leave heading to the Espigo and Betuna considered the most beautiful landscape of the National Park frequently used as scenario of movies and TV series recently. Back to the Santo Amaro lagoon we have lunch (not included). In the afternoon we proceed to Sao Luis - the historical "City of Tiles" founded by the French in 1612. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Check-in and get a free time. (Breakfast)
Day 09. Sao Luis. Now here is the big decision: Go home… or stay on? If you must return home, then enjoy the morning in Sao Luis... later in the afternoon check out and be transferred to the airport for your return flight to HOME. (Breakfast)
On the other hand, if you decide to stay on, that's great, and there is a lot to choose from: Cultural Tour - Historic Sao Luis is a living museum … Manaus and the mysterious Amazon … Awesome Iguassu Falls … Historic Salvador de Bahia … Undiscovered Fernando de Noronha … Eco-Rich Pantanal … Marvelous Rio de Janeiro …. Much more. Don't miss these connections! (Breakfast)
|Rates per person in USD for group min of 10 pax - Taxes and Fees included|
|Double occupancy DBL||$2756|
|Single occupancy SGL||$3236|
- 08 nights at hotels with daily breakfast.
- 1 (one) lunch box.
- Sightseeing as indicated, with an English-speaking guide.
- Surface and overland travel as indicated.
- A daily transport according to the program.
- Entrance fee according to the program.
Price does NOT include:
- International flight. The cost is confirmed during the tour reservation. Participants make their own arrangements on the airline of their choice.
- Meals NOT mentioned in the program.
- The cost of additional tours and visits along the route.
- Gratuities for the guides & drivers. You will soon realize that the professional in-country staff is working round-the-clock to ensure the success of the experience. Gratuities are a small way to say thanks.
- Tour insurance. Tour Operator does not include insurance into the price of a tour.
- A full payment of a group tour is required 70 days before the beginning of the tour. If payment is not received by the due date, the reservations are subject to cancellation.
- Tour payments are only accepted in bank transfers to the bank account of Milavia International, Ltd, in a bank in the USA. Credit cards are not accepted as a method of payment.
- The payment for the tour should only occur after the Buyer is provided with a final invoice. The Tour Operator provides a Buyer with a final invoice, which indicates the deadline for the payment. The Buyer is required to comply with the deadlines for the payment, or his/her order is automatically terminated. The fee for the reinstating of the order is US$250.
- In order to confirm reservation need a deposit of $200 per person will be included into the price if a Buyer agrees to this tour.
Cancellation and monetary refund policy:
- Cancellation request of the tour must be sent by e-mail address: email@example.com
- Cancellation of a ground part of the tour program 69 - 50 days before its beginning: full monetary refund with the exception of the expenses spent on refund registration and banking operations.
- Cancellation of a ground part of the tour program 49 - 31 days before its beginning: 50% monetary refund with the exception of the expenses spent on refund registration and banking operations.
- Cancellation of a ground part of the tour program 30 days before its beginning and NO SHOW: no monetary refund would be offered.
- Cancellation due to extreme weather conditions: no monetary refund would be offered.
- Unpredictable events (force majeure). There are events that can cause a tour to be terminated, in which case the Tour Operator is not responsible for financial refunds. Such events are: war, revolution, strikes, terrorist threat, natural disasters, fires, and other unpredictable circumstances. The Tour Operator holds no responsibility for these events, thus has no financial accountability to return the funds to the Buyer. Tour operator strongly recommends to purchase the tour insurance and offers it for an additional fee.
- The tour buyer has the right to choose any insurance company.
- The tour buyer is fully responsible for tour insurance purchasing or refusal of thereof.
- Any claim must be made in writing within 15 days after the tour.
- Vouchers for the paid service are sent out electronically 10 days before the start of the tour.
- If the passenger has health problems or physical limitations of any kind, it is essential to let Milavia International, Ltd know at the time of booking.
- Passengers with orthopedic problems are not recommended to this tour.
- Milavia International, Ltd reserves the right to remove any individual at any time during the tour if she/he is physically incapable of participating in the planned activities.
- Milavia International, Ltd. assumes no responsibility for special arrangements.
- Be in a good physical shape and have a disposition for long hikes through beaches and meadows.
- Protect your skin with solar filters before starting the hike. Use sunglasses to minimize the effects of the sun reflecting on the white surface of the sands. Who has sensitive skin must take redoubled care, at dunes there aren't shades where you can be hidden of the sun. It's recommendable to put the solar protector again as the product using instruction recommends.
- Carry enough water for the trek for it is a hot weather region.
- Never go alone. It is necessary to know the basic first aid and orientation techniques.
- Do not forget to pick up your garbage and to bring it with you until finding a place in the city where to dispose of it properly.
What you should bring:
- The National Park of Lencois is a place of pure nature contact. So, don't think to bring heavy clothes.
- Just shorts, t-shits, sandals, rain layer, hat and bath suits.
- Repellent, dark eyeglasses and solar protector.