Iguassu - Salvador de Bahia -
Natal - Fernando de Noronha
12 days / 11 nights
Day 01. Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro and connect to Iguassu Falls: Upon arrival Iguassu Falls, meeting and transfer to Rafain Palace Hotel. Accommodation for 2 night stay. Balance of the day at leisure.
Day 02. Iguassu Falls: Today you will spend the day exploring these awesome falls with 275 falls spanning a 2-mile wide precipice, from the Brazilian side, with wide panoramic vistas. You'll also take the Macuco Safari and motor launch excursion for a ride along the turbulent river for different views of these falls, including ducks in and out of the cascades themselves. Also stop by the Bird Park for a visit to the huge walk-through aviaries and butterfly farm. (Breakfast & dinner)
Day 03. Iguassu Falls-Salvador de Bahia: This morning you will cross over the border to the Argentine side for yet another series of walks to view these spectacular falls. One catwalk takes you to the edge of Devil's Throat; two others take you down along the base of falls, offering the "Up Close and Personal" encounter with the falls. Mid-day check-out at hotel and late afternoon transfer to the airport for flight to Salvador de Bahia. Meeting upon arrival in Salvador de Bahia and transfer to the Vila Gale Salvador Hotel. Accommodation for 3 night stay. (Breakfast)
Day 04. Salvador Bahia: Spend the day exploring Salvador de Bahia, first city founded in Brazil and a treasure house of colonial architecture. Visit the city's important sites including newly rejuvenated "Pelorinho", the city's colonial center, filled with churches, cobblestone streets and colonial houses, San Pedro Fort, where the independence of Bahia was proclaimed; Castro Alves Square, Terreiro de Jesus surrounded by five churches. Here you will find one of the most spectacular churches in the world: San Francisco Church with its magnificent gold-leaf interior. It is a tour through the History of Salvador de Bahia and its beautiful buildings hundreds of years old. Enjoy a typical Bahian cuisine lunch en route. (Breakfast & lunch)
Day 05. Salvador de Bahia - Praia do Forte: The scenic Coconut Highway leads to Praia do Forte, a fishing village 80 kms north of Salvador, home to some of the best beaches in Bahia. Continuing north the appearance of the distinctive white sands of the sparse restinga vegetation, signals that we are approaching Praia do Forte. First we visit the ruins of the imposing Garcia D´Ávila castle (1556), once the home of the largest landowner in the New World, set on the lands of what was the first farm in Brazil. From here we have a panoramic view of the northern coastline. Lunch time sees us in the village of Praia do Forte. After lunch we visit headquarters of the TAMAR Project, the national sea turtle preservation project and one of Brazil´s most successful ecological programs. The visitors' center provides a unique up-close view of these majestic animals. Then time to relax on the beach or browse in the many local handicrafts stores before returning to Salvador. (Breakfast & lunch)
Day 06. Salvador de Bahia - Natal: Morning transfer to the airport for short flight to Natal, known as the "town of the dunes". It possesses one of the driest and mildest climates in Brazil because of the constant Atlantic breeze. The "city of sun" is also one of the most enjoyable capital of Brazil, with its wide avenues, modern infrastructure, a high quality service industry, hospitable locals and the purest air. Natal offers its visitors quality moments of peace and well being with its paradisiacal beaches in addition to the local cultural richness. With a 399-km long coastline, the state of Rio Grande do Norte, with Natal as the capital, is the land of the sun, dunes, palms, and beaches. Calm and warm waters in natural pools and the many deserted beaches offer an eternal enchantment with nature. Upon arrival Natal, meeting and transfer to the Coral Plaza Hotel. Accommodation for 2 night stay. City tour in Natal. (Breakfast)
Day 07. Natal: Today you will explore Pipa Beach, one of the most popular and trendy beaches in the northeast, with tepid waters, lush vegetation and curious rock formations. With luck you might also get to see dolphins in their habitat. You'll have time for lunch at one of the beachfront restaurants before afternoon return back to Natal. (Breakfast)
Day 08. Natal - Fernando de Noronha: Morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Fernando de Noronha is the largest and only inhabited island in an archipelago of 21 islands and islets. The entire archipelago was declared a Marine National Park in 1988 and today is administered by the Brazilian state of Pernambuco. All together 70% of the archipelago is considered National Park. Fernando de Noronha has a colorful history, some 16 beaches, both land and marine wildlife and a laid-back-getaway-feel to it. And the number of visitors to the island is strictly controlled, helping to maintain the pristine environment and the "undiscovered" atmosphere. Meeting upon arrival and transfer to your inn, the Pousada do Frances * or Solar dos Ventos ** for 4 night stay. (Breakfast)
Day 09. Fernando de Noronha: Today you'll enjoy a boat excursion to the Bahia dos Golfinhos; the whole area is reserved for the charming spinning dolphins (Stenella Longirotis) to rest and mate. They delight visitors of all ages with their magnificent leaps and aerial acrobatics. Every day, at dawn, the dolphins come into the bay and in the afternoon they go out to sea in search of food. Fernando de Noronha is one of the few places in the world where there are breeding colonies of spinning dolphins. (Breakfast)
Day 10. Fernando de Noronha: This morning you will enjoy a walking tour of the historic village and the Forte dos Remedios, completed in 1738 a top a hill overlooking the traditional town center. Afternoon at leisure to explore at your own pace. (Breakfast)
Day 11. Fernando de Noronha: A full day to use as you wish. Besides 16 beaches, there are 8 trails both in and outside the national park, all giving an excellent chance to view the diversity of the landscape and environment. The marine life offers superb snorkeling and scuba diving, with a great variety of fish and colorful corals, two species of sea turtles, spinner dolphins and an occasional shark. Fernando de Noronha is also considered one of the prime diving spots on earth. (Breakfast)
Day 12. Fernando de Noronha - Rio de Janeiro: Mid-day transfer to the airport for flight to Recife where you connect to Rio de Janeiro. Clear immigrations and customs and make connections to your home city. (Breakfast)
- Upon arrival to Fernando de Noronha the visitor is charged an Environment Preservation TAX, established by the government.(34 R$ Brazilian real for each day you are staying).
- Bring plenty of the Brazilian currency as it is difficult to exchange on the island and acceptance of credit cards is limited, and if accepted will have either a minimum purchase or an added percentage.
Package rates vary depending on time of the year you travel. Please request them.
|Price per person|
|Triple occupancy TPL||Request|
|Double occupancy DBL||Request|
|Single occupancy SGL||Request|
- Hotel accommodations with hotel taxes
- Five airfares per itinerary : Rio de Janeiro - Foz de Iguassu - Salvador de Bahia - Natal - Fernando de Noronha - Rio de Janeiro
- Meals as indicated
- Entrance fee to National Parks of Iguassu
- Transfers as indicated, with an English speaking guide
- Sightseeing as indicated, with an English speaking guide
- Surface and overland travel as indicated
Rate does not include:
- International airfare
- Items of a personal nature
- Luggage handling at airports
- Tips to drivers, guides, hotel bellboys
- Meals not specifically indicated as included
- Trip Insurance highly recommended.
Your hotels per itinerary
- The Rafain Palace Hotel is a quality hotel located nearby the main tourist attractions of Foz do Iguassu. The hotel offers comfortable lodging and an excellent leisure area including: 3 pools, 2 soccer fields, a tennis court, a multi-sport court, barbecue areas and walking trails. Guests may also dine at one of the two restaurants serving Brazilian and International cuisine. The hotel offers 213 apartments and 11 suites, each tastefully decorated and equipped with a balcony, air-conditioning, a personal safe, cable TV, internet access, a mini-bar.
- Vila Gale Salvador Hotel located on Ondina Beach, just 5 miles away from the downtown area, offers 200 modern and comfortable rooms. Hair dryer, clock radio, air conditioning, minibar, separate shower are among the amenities guests will find in every room. Guests will enjoy the hotel's excellent facilities and services including cocktail lounge, dry cleaning and laundry, 24-hour room service, restaurants, business center. Leisure facilities include a sauna, outdoor pool and fitness center.
- Coral Plaza Hotel located in front of the trendiest beach in Natal, Ponta Negra, and the Coral Plaza Flat is a sophisticated and comfortable option for those who wish to relax amidst the sound of rolling waves and a cool ocean breeze. There are 107 spacious apartments, all featuring a living room, a bathroom and a kitchen stocked with all the necessary appliances (a coffee maker, pots and pans, and cutlery). The apartments are equipped with an LCD TV, solar heated water, a hair dryer, a mini-bar, free internet access, a personal safe, and air-conditioning. The Coral Plaza has a leisure area for guests, which is equipped with adult and children's swimming pools, a hydro-massage Jacuzzi tub, a pool bar, a relaxation area and a green area for relaxing walks. In addition, there is a 24 hour restaurant with the best of Brazilian and international food.
- The Pousada do Francês (the French Inn)* is located just five minutes from the Historical Center of Fernando de Noronha, the Nossa Senhora dos Remédios Church, and Cachorro Beach. Every evening, guests can enjoy beautiful sunsets and views of Morro do Pico (Pico Hill) from the cozy Inn. The Inn has nine rooms, complete with balconies and hammocks. Each room is at least 20 sq. meters and can be arranged to accommodate one large bed or two to three smaller beds. The rooms all feature air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a television, a refrigerator, and showers with hot water.
- The Solar de Loronha Inn** has spacious, elegant bungalows all overlooking the sea. Each bungalow is complete with a telephone, a flat screen TV, a home theater sound system, cable TV, a mini-bar, a king size bed, solar heated water, and a large bathroom. This Inn was the first on the island to offer its guests free wireless internet and uses environmentally friendly systems such as solar power. The Inn offers a concierge service that provides information on all of the tours on the island, recommending the best companies. In addition, every morning, guests can look forward to a personalized private breakfast. The Inn also serves lunch and dinner from a delicious and varied menu. All meals can be eaten near the pool with a wonderful view of the sea, on the balcony or in the bungalow.
- Maravilha Hotel: This five star hotel was created in a peaceful spirit and operates in accordance with the strictest principles of environmental preservation; in perfect harmony with nature. The beach front bungalows offer every guest privacy and peace. Guests can relax in the lounge by the pool, in the bungalows, in the private restaurant, in the sauna or in the massage parlor. With endless leisure options, Pousada Maravilha makes it easy for any guest to enjoy their time in Fernando de Noronha. The Inn has eight bungalows and offers an array of water sports such as surfing and windsailing. It is the ideal choice for those wanting to experience the rich marine ecosystem of the island or those simply wishing to retire from the world and rest in paradise.
Other information about Fernando de Noronha
- Avoid, if possible, visiting the Archipelago during the peak tourist season, principally between January 3, and February 28. During this period the Inns accommodations and flights are usually filled.
- The local electricity is 220 volts 60cycles, available day and night.
- The only local bank is a branch of the Banco Real, connected to Sao Paulo by satellite and thus able to take care of any transaction on line. No change cash by VISA.
- Reservations should be made early, especially for the months of January, February, July and December, as well as for longer holidays.